Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Maiden Voyage

This blog has been a long time coming.  I have wanted to create a space to share my favorite food creations and my thoughts (perhaps critiques, perhaps musings) on local restaurants, but I haven't had the courage (hmm...or energy?) to do it until now.  What made me do it now?  The name.  I have had a huge hang-up on finding a sufficient name for my Webspace.  At 5:30 this morning, the phone rang...interrupting the dream in which I was creating a delectable duck breast.  Back in bed, adrenaline still flowing, my mind went to my dream and my non-existent blog.  The name problem once again presented itself, until The Farm Grown Gastronome popped into my sleepy little head!  So thank you, 5:30 phone call!  And thank you, Mother Nature, for the ice storm that allowed me to stay home and get this all up and running! 

Welcome readers to my ramblings on food!  I will post my first dish later today...so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the recipes, critiques, and wisdom you will impart on your fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Chelsea!!! Can we like this on facebook so that we can follow your blog there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your food creativity Chelsea, all of these look and sound very tasty. Can't wait to try them myself!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete