Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Unexpected Guests?!

Pumpkin Gingersnap Sundae

We are rapidly approaching the holiday season!  I’ve been running around telling everyone because I absolutely love this time of year!  It will begin for me at the start of November and continue through til the New Year.  I must admit though, my absolute favorite part of the whole two months is Thanksgiving.  Obviously, I love cooking and love eating…so it makes sense.  But you may not quite understand how much I love the food aspect of this wonderful holiday.  I have been searching the internet for weeks already for the perfect recipes.  This past weekend, I made a pre-pre-Thanksgiving turkey to test out a recipe (yes, the pre-pre means it was a practice for the practice turkey).  I am just that weird.  And just that into food.  But for me, there is no better holiday than one that revolves around a beautiful meal shared with family.  It makes me feel sort of squishy inside thinking about family and how much I have to be thankful for while sharing a lovely meal with them.

Anyway, I am rambling (this is what happens when I think about Thanksgiving!).  I really wanted to share a dessert with you.  With the holiday season comes lots of guests – some expected and some unexpected.  This is the perfect treat to share with all of your guests because you can assemble it quickly, everything will keep for the month perfectly fine and it is oh so delicious!!!

All you need is:


Yes, that’s all you need!  Pumpkin ice cream, caramel sauce and ginger snaps.

To assemble the sundae, simply crumble some ginger snaps (two per sundae works for me) over some pumpkin ice cream.  Then top the ice cream with some caramel sauce.  Finish the sundae by placing a whole cookie on top.  It allows the tasters to know what the cookie crumbs are and let’s face it…it just looks pretty.


That’s it!  All you need for a delicious holiday treat!  It can easily be adapted too.  If you want to go the peppermint route closer to Christmas, use some mint chip ice cream with grasshopper cookies and hot fudge!  So many possibilities!!!  Tell me what you think would be most delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment